- You Can Trust the Queen’s Indian Defense The Queen’s Indian Defense shares some of the strategies found in the Nimzo-Indian Defense and is an excellent choice to include in your repertoire, alongside the Nimzo-Indian opening. Several World Chess Champions have played the Queen’s Indian Defense. Among them are Euwe, Kasparov, Anand, Karpov, and Kramnik. The Queen’s Indian Defense is an excellent choice […]
- Win with Semi-Tarrasch Defense with GM Marian Petrov [TCW Academy]
Semi-Tarrasch Defense: Need an ‘off-the-radar’ opening for Black that can be played against many 1.d4 variations leading to a sharp attacking play, not boring positional maneuvering? If you are looking for that ‘0-1’ win, GM Marian Petrov has prepared something very special for you. He recommends playing Semi-Tarrasch Defense! Warning: this isn’t an opening for […]
The post Win with Semi-Tarrasch Defense with GM Marian Petrov [TCW Academy] appeared first on TheChessWorld.
- Win with Modern Benoni with GM Marian Petrov [TCW Academy]
Modern Benoni was invented in 1927… and quickly forgotten. Then, after 20 years of ignorance, this opening was revived by Mikail Tal. After Tal had huge success by it winning a game-after-game… it made other players think. Fast forward a few years, and the top attacking maestros like Bobby Fischer and Garry Kasparov trust Modern […]
The post Win with Modern Benoni with GM Marian Petrov [TCW Academy] appeared first on TheChessWorld.
- Win with Evans Gambit with FM Viktor Neustroev [TCW Academy]
Here’s a fun fact. Fischer beat Reuben Fine in a friendly game in just 17 moves. Opening used? Evans Gambit. Fine later said Black’s job gets more difficult in this opening since you can’t play …d6 or give up a pawn to gain equality. White tries to gain a tempo or two right off the […]
The post Win with Evans Gambit with FM Viktor Neustroev [TCW Academy] appeared first on TheChessWorld.
- Vallejo Pons’ Creative Play Against Nakamura Although Nakamura and Vallejo Pons haven't played each other many times, their games are very dramatic. Learn more with GM Joel Benjamin!